Classes for Prevent Type 2 Diabetes
The diabetes prevention program is a year-long lifestyle change program for people at risk for developing type 2 diabetes. Classes are offered in a supportive atmosphere for individuals diagnosed with Prediabetes. Participants can learn how to:
- set goals
- track food and activity
- and solve problems
in order to live a long and productive life.
- Take the test offered through the American Diabetes Association to see if you meet criteria by clicking here.
Call: 850-416-2598 or e-mail us at email@example.com to register for Diabetes Prevention classes.
Classes for Diabetes
Sacred Heart's Diabetes Education Program offers individual and group instruction to help patients gain knowledge to control their disease, avoid complications and teach or enhance skills for a healthier life. Our Certified Diabetes Educators (CDEs) include registered nurses and registered dietitians.
Our classes include:
- Living Well with Diabetes
Course for adults with diabetes and their family members. Emphasizes the development of self-management skills. Class discussion includes meal planning, physical activity, self-blood glucose monitoring, recognizing and preventing complications, medication review, stress and coping skills. Please complete our Patient Questionnaire form here. Bring this form to your appointment or e-mail to Diabetesfirstname.lastname@example.org.
- Insulin Training
- Skills training on equipment use and its safe disposal
- An understanding of insulin's and their action
- Hypoglycemia: signs, symptoms and treatment
- Insulin Pump Training
- Comprehensive training to learn the skills needed to successfully use an insulin pump (hands on training)
- Carbohydrate counting is an important component in achieving good control on a pump. A registered dietitian is available for this type of education.
- Pre-Pump Training
- Discussion of benefits of pump and insulin pump limitations.
- Discussion of types of insulin pumps and infusion sets available.
- Hands-on time learning about how the insulin pumps work.
- Continuous Glucose Monitor application and training
- Professional: continuous glucose monitor is applied by our certified diabetes educators. The monitor is worn for 6 days. The monitor provides glucose readings every 5 minutes. The glucose monitor provides important information on treatment decision to help improve glucose control.
- Personal: education provides comprehensive training on the use of personal glucose monitor. Includes hands on training and application.
Please complete our Patient Questionnaire form here. Bring this form to your appointment or e-mail to Diabetesemail@example.com.
Individual Nutrition Counseling
Medical Nutrition Therapy is provided in the following areas:
All classes are held at 5051 Carpenter Creek Drive, Pensacola, FL 32503. Please see our campus map here.
For more information or to register for a class, please call (850) 416-7261.
Sacred Heart's Diabetes Prevention Program is based on PreventT2, a National Diabetes Prevention Program, led by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).