Our Cancer Services
Sacred Heart Cancer Center is rated by consumers in Northwest Florida as having the best quality care in the region. The Center's staff takes a special interest in the daily lives of our patients and strives to see each of of them as a whole person. In turn, our treatment focuses on caring for the whole person - in body, mind and spririt.
Our Cancer Centers provide:
- Care provided by board certified oncologists, radiation oncologists and cancer surgeons, as well as nurses with advanced training in cancer care.
- PET/CT advanced imaging technology for detection of cancer.
- An inpatient unit dedicated to care of cancer patients.
- Radiation therapy services including the Trilogy Stereotactic System, one of the most precise and powerful forms of cancer treatment available today.
- Inpatient and outpatient chemotherapy, including services of an infusion center.
- Leksell Gamma Knife® Perfexion™, the most advanced form of non-invasive brain surgery. Gamma Knife radiosurgery has proven effective for patients with benign or malignant brain tumors. Sacred Heart Hospital in Pensacola is the only facility in Northwest Florida to offer the Gamma Knife treatment.
- Cancer surgery, including the surgical services of a gynecologic oncologist who specializes in the care of women with gynecologic cancers of the ovaries, uterus and cervix.
- Pediatric care provided by specialists with Nemours Children’s Clinic who are board certified in the field of pediatric oncology.
- The Ann L. Baroco Center for Breast Health and Olson Women’s Diagnostic Center, offering all-digital mammography, breast-dedicated MRI, and other services dedicated to the early detection of breast cancer.
- Palliative care physician specialists, whose focus is on providing relief from the symptoms and stress of cancer, while improving quality of life for both the patient and family.
- Support groups for cancer patients and their families.