During January 2018, Sacred Heart Health System will provide free heart health screenings at locations in Pensacola, Milton, Century, Cantonment, Pace and Gulf Breeze and more for adults who are poor, elderly or uninsured. Heart-health screenings will measure blood pressure, blood sugar and total cholesterol, and can detect anemia. The screenings are helpful in diagnosing conditions that put people at high risk for heart attack, stroke, diabetes and other health problems.
Following is the January schedule for adult screenings:
• Jan.3 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Bagdad Senior Center, 6860 Pooley St., Milton.
• Jan. 6 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Greater Bethlehem AME Church, 5299 Richburg St., Milton.
• Jan. 9 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Gull Point Community Center, 7000 Spanish Trail Rd., Pensacola.
• Jan. 10 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Century Senior Center, 6025 Industrial Blvd., Century.
• Jan. 16 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at WESCO Senior Center, 904 N. 57th Ave., Pensacola.
• Jan. 17 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Morris Eaddy Activity Center, 1110 W. Lakeview Ave., Pensacola.
• Jan. 24 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Cobb Community Center, 601 E. Mallory St., Pensacola.
• Jan. 25 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Victory Assembly of God, 1895 Victory Rd., Cantonment.
• Jan. 27 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at West Milton Church of Christ, 5300 U.S. Hwy. 90, Pace.
Jan. 30 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at St. Ann Catholic Church, 100 Daniel St., Gulf Breeze
For more information about Sacred Heart's ''Mission in Motion'' community-health screenings, please call 850-416-7826.